Please note: We recommend using per user Microsoft 365 integration as detailed here as it is more stable and records both emails & calendar invites. If this is not possible use the method below to record emails.
Turning on email journalling allows you to automatically record email interactions between your users & their contacts without any manual effort to integrate emails from your team.
Email Journalling works by sending a record of your teams emails from your Office 365 Mail account to BeeCastle. BeeCastle then indexes those emails to identify which emails were 1) sent by a BeeCastle user and 2) to a BeeCastle contact by matching email addresses. Emails that meet that criteria are recorded as interactions in BeeCastle automatically. All other emails (not with contacts) as well as the body content of all emails (including those with contacts) are not stored in the BeeCastle database.
To set up journalling when you have business Office 365 account you must have access to the admin panel of your 365 account. If you don't have access, please contact your IT administrator.
Before starting the steps below, you'll need know your BeeCastle email address which you'll find in the 'Admin Settings' -> 'Email Logging' menu of the BeeCastle web app. This will be in format of <acccount-specific-inbox>@inbox.beecastle.com
Steps to enable
Log into the Office365 admin center
2) Select Show all → Admin Centers → Exchange
3) Select Compliance Management
4) Select Journal Rules from the horizontal menu
5) The following steps are mandatory if the text next to 'Send undeliverable journal reports to:' shows 'Select Address'. If there is an existing address, skip to 6)
5a) Click 'Select Address' next to the text 'Send undeliverable journal reports to:'.
5b) Choose the user to forward undeliverable journal reports to. This should most likely be a system account. Do not use your work email as emails to this account will not be journalled.
5c) Save the updated address
5d) Accept the warning
5e) Result should be similar to below, with the address you chose
6. Click + to create a new journalling rule
7. Add the inbox address that your accessed from your admin settings panel in the BeeCastle Web App, will be of the format <acccount-specific-inbox>@inbox.beecastle.com, and provide a Name for the rule, and the selection and Journal rules.
Note: It may be prudent to setup a specific group for beecastle users, so that all emails for an organisation aren’t forwarded, and use this group in the If the message is sent to or received from... field.
8. Save the rule, and see it in the list of rules
You're done! From now on you should start to see any emails between your BeeCastle users & their clients that are setup in BeeCastle in your interaction feeds.