Turning on email journalling allows you to automatically record email interactions between your users & their contacts without any manual effort from your team.
Email Journalling works by sending a record of your teams emails from your AWS Workmail account to BeeCastle. BeeCastle then indexes those emails to identify which emails were 1) sent by a BeeCastle user and 2) to a BeeCastle contact by matching email addresses. Emails that meet that criteria are recorded as interactions in BeeCastle automatically. All other emails (not with contacts) as well as the body content of all emails (including those with contacts) are not stored in the BeeCastle database.
To set up journalling when you have a AWS Workmail account you must have access to the admin panel of your Workmail account. If you don't have access, please contact your IT administrator.
Before starting the steps below, you'll need know your BeeCastle email address which you'll find in the 'Admin Settings' -> 'Email Logging' menu of the BeeCastle web app. This will be in format of <acccount-specific-inbox>@inbox.beecastle.com
Steps to enable
Log into AWS Workmail admin site
2. Select the organisation you’re setting the journalling up for
3. Select Organization Settings in the left pane
4. Select the Journalling tab
5. Enable Journalling On, add the journalling inbox address that your accessed from your admin settings panel in the BeeCastle Web App, will be of the format <acccount-specific-inbox>@inbox.beecastle.com
6. Add a Report email address (this address gets notified when forwarding to the Beecastle inbox fails). This should most likely be a system account. Do not use your work email as emails to this account will not be journalled.
7. Select Save
You're done! From now on you should start to see any emails between your BeeCastle users & their clients that are setup in BeeCastle in your interaction feeds.